POLICIES & GDPR
OUR SCHOOL POLICIES
Please click on our links below to view our school policies.
- Accessibility Guidance Policy
- Accessibility Plan
- Anti Bullying Policy
- Attendance Policy
- Whole school behaviour policy
- Car Parking Policy
- Charging and Remissions Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Data Breach Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Educational Visits Policy
- Emergency Adverse Weather School Closure Policy
- Equality Information and Objectives Statement 2019
- E-Safety Policy
- FOI Policy
- Governors Allowances Policy
- Governor Statement of Behaviour and Discipline
- Health and Safety Policy
- ICT Policy
- Medicine in School Policy
- Mobile Phone and Camera Use Policy
- Nursery Policy
- Race Equality Policy
- Safeguarding Handbook
- Safeguarding Policy
- School Meals Policy
- Schools Emergency Management Plan Policy
- SEN Policy
- Sex Education Policy
- Schools Social Media Policy
- Tackling Extremism Radicalisation Policy
- Whistleblowing Policy
Paper copies or a larger print copy of all the documentation on our website can be made available upon request, free of charge. Please enquire at the school office.
GDPR Statement (May 2018) for Parents/Carers and Pupils/Students
We take your privacy very seriously and work to the highest standard to keep your data safe. We welcome the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which comes into force on the 25th May 2018, as it provides all of our stakeholders with an opportunity to reflect upon the measures that we have in place to protect data.
We are committed to compliance with all relevant EU and Member State laws in respect of personal data, and the protection of the rights and freedoms of individuals whose information we collect and process in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Ongoing compliance is embedded in all processes and policies throughout the school.
Who is responsible for Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we are recognised as a Data Controller, Data Processor, or both. The requirements differ depending on our role in the data collection and handling process.
As a Data Controller, under the new GDPR, we define how and why personal data is collected, stored, and used. We also utilise data processors – third parties that process the data we control on your behalf.
We will achieve compliance by ensuring personal data is processed lawfully, transparently, and for a specific purpose. Once the purpose is fulfilled and the data is no longer required, it will be deleted, as stipulated within our Data Retention Policy.
We currently comply with existing legislation, the Data Protection Act 1998, and are very experienced at working within such regulations. It will however, be necessary to make some changes to policies and procedures in readiness for 25th May 2018.
How we are preparing for GDPR
- We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as Data Processor
- We utilise a wide range of security measures in line with the recommendations provided by ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office)
- We implement additional security measures including advanced firewalls, enhanced virus protection on all servers, regular data backup, username/password/PIN to control access, automatic suspicious activity detection and logging etc.
- We provide bespoke data protection training to all teaching and support staff.
- We carry out due-diligence with all third party data processors.
- We will continue to share the specific details of personal data collected in our Privacy notices, bespoke to staff, parents and pupil. The revised notices are publicly available on our website.
- We have completed a comprehensive data mapping audit of the data that we process and store. We have also reviewed our data breach incident response procedure.
GDPR Privacy Notices and Policies
Privacy Notice for Parents
Information Governance Policy 2018
FOI Publication Scheme for FOI Policy 2018
Data Protection Policy 2018
Data Breach Policy 2018
Freedom of Information Publication Scheme Model 2018
Disposal of Records Schedule and Retention Policy 2018
SAA Form 2018