We are very proud of the appearance of the children in Rowlands Gill Primary School.
Our uniform is a symbol of belonging to Rowlands Gill and underlines the sense of community we seek to develop.
The children should take pride in their appearance and present a positive image for their school.
We ask for your support in this matter. On rare occasions we may need to talk to children and parents of our expectations with regard to dress.
- Sweatshirt – Purple with school logo
- Polo Shirt – Purple with school logo or white
- Shirt or Blouse – White
- Trousers – Dark grey
- Skirt – Dark grey
- Summer Dress – Purple and white check
- Sensible black shoes. We do not encourage children to wear trainers to school. We also ask for your support in controlling the size of heel as a matter of health
- Children whose ears are pierced may wear plain studs if necessary but we cannot accept responsibility for the loss or damage of jewellery brought to school. All other forms of jewellery are not allowed for reasons of safety. If children have just had their ears pierced they can not go swimming for 6 weeks.
- We do not allow children to wear make-up or nail varnish to school.
Art and Craft
- Please ensure that your child brings an old shirt to school for protection when taking part in Art and Craft.
- Gym kit
White T shirt, black shorts, Black plimsolls.
- Winter games kit
A warm tracksuit preferably black, trainers.
- Long hair must be tied back.
- The children are not allowed to wear rings or necklaces.
- Stud earrings must be taped or removed.
- Children are expected to be responsible for their own belongings and look after them properly.
- Valuable items such as mobile phones, personal radio/stereos, computer games and toys are not allowed in school.
Parents seeking advice regarding this matter are welcome to contact school.
All items of clothing and other property should be clearly labelled with the child’s name. The school cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to personal property in school.