Dream, Believe, Achieve
Learning is fun!
We can learn...anywhere!
Real World Learning
We Work Hard
Rowlands Gill Primary has a Level 1 Rights Respecting School Award
Our School Vision
At Rowlands Gill Primary School, the importance and love of learning is at our core. We want everyone here to strive purposefully to be the best they can and to have self-belief in their own environment and so we will always provide enriched opportunities to raise their achievements and help them to become strong, independent learners.
Everyone is regarded as having something worthwhile to contribute towards our school community and life, irrespective of their academic, ethnic, religious, physical abilities or social background. We strive to help every individual to see their potential; become the very best they can be and be proud of what they achieve daily.
The children at RGPS can expect to:
- Develop a love for learning.
- Be the best they can be in all areas of the school life: academic, social, emotional, and physical development.
- Make excellent progress in everything they do so that they can grow and develop their full potential.
- To continually celebrate and feel proud of their achievements.
- Feel happy, safe and healthy.
We would like the parents and carers to:
- Ensure that children attend school regularly and on time.
- Become actively involved in their child’s learning, both at home and at school.
The staff of RGPS aim to:
- Develop enquiring and creative minds.
- Provide a nurturing and friendly ethos where children are respected and valued and where individual needs are recognised and supported.
- Provide high quality, challenging, stimulating and personalised education for all of its pupils.
- Provide a broad, balanced, creative and innovative curriculum, that inspires, challenges and develops love of learning and one which meets individual needs.
- Foster a climate within which pupils’ spiritual and moral development will form that basis by which they will mature into responsible citizens.
- Build a strong sense of community through sharing and living out a set of values, encouraging all involved in the school to be caring, tolerant, honest, hardworking and self-disciplined.
Whole School Overall Attendance Total for this Half Term
- Attendance Champions for this Half Term – Class 2D 97.10%
Dates for your diary…
Our Latest News
Due to the adverse weather conditions last week the Book Fair has been rescheduled and will now be taking place from Monday 12th-Thursday 15th March! This will be set up in the entrance of Hall 2 (downstairs) and will be open from 3.20pm-4.10pm. There are over 200...read more
Due to the weather last week, we have still not received the 'books' needed for book fair. We are hoping they will arrive this week and we will be able to run book fair as normal. We will keep you updated throughout the week with any further information!read more
The Earwig Session on Thursday 8th March has been cancelled. We will be rescheduling this event, further information to follow. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.read more
As we get back to normal after the disruption last week, we have been told by Gateshead catering services that there may have to be some changes to the published menu for the coming week, beginning Monday, March 5th. This is due to not having had scheduled deliveries...read more
Good morning everyone. Hoping that the adverse weather & school closure haven't caused you too many problems and that you have managed to share some fun in the snow. Things slowly seem to be returning to normal, so I am happy to say that we will be open as usual...read more
Have you noticed what's been happening in nursery over the last couple of weeks? We have been developing awareness of other cultures by increasing knowledge and understanding of how Chinese New Year is celebrated. We have set up a Chinese restaurant, listened to...read more
Our Children Love Their School!
COME AND SEE WHY
Book a school visit!